Member of Gujarat Legislative Assembly (MLA) Abdasa
Born: 4th April 1960, Limda (Hanubhana).
Education: B.Sc.(Chemistry, Physics), LL. B. (Taxation, Labour), LL.M.(Taxation, Labour), Diploma in Computers, Diploma in Journalism.
Marital Status: Unmarried
Occupation: Agriculture and legal practice.
- Member, Eighth Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 1990-95
- Member, Ninth Legislative Assembly, 1995-97
- Twelfth Legislative Assembly, 2007-12
- Minister of State for Finance, Education, Health, Environment, Narmada Project, General Administration, Technical Education and Education policy in the Govt. of Gujarat during 1991-95.
- Chief Whip of Congress Legislature Party, Ninth Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 1995-98.
- Leader of the Opposition, Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 2008-12.
- Member, All India Congress Committee, since 1990. Chief Spokesperson, Gujarat Pradesh Congress, 2002-07.
- National Spokesperson, AICC. General Secretary, Gujarat State Youth Congress, 1989.
- President, District Youth Congress, 1986,
- President, Land Development Bank, Umarala, 1986-93,
- President, Bhavnagar Study Circle, 1984,
- President, Bharucha Cricket Club since 1992.
- Vice President, Bhavnagar District Panchayat,
- Vice President, Gujarat State Youth Board, 1987-90, Coordinator, Development Centre, Indian Youth Congress, Bhopal, 1986.
- Member, State Youth Board, 1981-90, Participated as the Delegate of India in International Youth Conference held by the Govt. of Japan in 1989.
Hobby: Technology, reading. travelling, yoga, naturopathy, indoor as well as out-door sports and exercise.
Travels Abroad: Had participated in the Annual Conferences of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association as Delegate of Gujarat Branch held in Malaysia and Kenya in 1996 and 2010 respectively. Also participated in 58th and 60th C. P. Conference as Gujarat Observer held in Sri Lanka and Cameroon, respectively. Attended 5th International Parliamentary Governance Seminar organized by the CPA in U.K. in 2010 as Gujarat Delegate. Also visited Japan, U.S.A., Canada, Thailand, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, Nepal, European countries and Sri Lanka.
Present Address: Limda House, 4, Rubber Society,
Subhashnagar, Bhavnagar 364 001.