Member of Gujarat Legislative Assembly (MLA) Akota
Born: 28th August 1958, Ahmedabad.
Education: B. Com., M.B.A. (U.S.A.).
Spouse and Children: Smt. Ilabahen, one son.
- Member, Tenth Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 1998-2002.
- Member, Eleventh Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 2002-07.
- Member, Twelfth Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 2007-12.
- Active participation in various Committees of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly.
- Minister of State for, Energy, Petrochemicals, Planning, Finance, Protocol in the Govt. of Gujarat from 22nd December 2002 to 24th December 2007.
- Minister of State for, Civil Aviation, Cottage Industries, Salt Industry, Printing and Stationary (Independent Charge), Industries, Mines, Minerals, Planning, Finance, Energy and Petrochemicals from 4th January 2008 to 25th December 2012.
- Minister for Energy and Petrochemicals, Mines and Minerals, Cottage Industries, Salt Industries, Printing, Stationery, Planning, Tourism, Civil Aviation, Labour and Employment, since 26th December 2012.
- Member, Advisory Committee, Gujarat Electricity Regulatory Commission.
- Vice President, All Gujarat Electricity Labourers Union.
- President, Administrative Reforms Committee.
- President, Sardar Patel Contributory Water Conservation Scheme.
- President, G.E.B. Engineers’ Association.
Hobby: Sports, swimming, reading, political, social, administrative activities.
Travel Abroad: America, Europe, Africa, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Mauritius, Muskat, Katar.
Permanent Address: “Nandan Bungalow”,Behind Bank of India, Panchvati Second Line, Near Centre Point, Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad – 380 006.
Present Address: Bungalow No. 12-A, Ministers’ Enclave,Sector – 20, Gandhinagar. Tel. No. (079) 232 38152, 232 43506 (O).