Member of Gujarat Legislative Assembly (MLA) Jamnagar South
Born: 1st February 1950, Vejpur, Taluka Savli, Dist. Vadodra.
Education: M.A., LL.B.
Spouse and Children: Shri Narendrabhai, one son, one daughter.
Occupation: Retired Professor.
- Member, Eleventh Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 2002-07,
- Member, Twelfth Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 2007-12.
- Minister of State for, Higher and Technical Education, Women and Child Welfare in the Govt. of Gujarat from 21st August 2010 to 25th December 2012,
- Minister of State for, Education, Women and Child Welfare since 26th December 2012.
- Member, Gujarat Pradesh Executive Committee, Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Member, National Executive Committee, Women Front, Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Ex-Member, Academic Council, Saurashtra University.
- Ex-Member, Senate, Saurashtra University.
- Ex-Dean, Home Science Faculty, Saurashtra University.
- Vice–President, University Granth-nirman Board, from 18th September 1995 to 9th December 1996.
- Chairperson, Gujarat Tourism Corporation from 17th September 1999 to 21stJanuary 2002.
Hobby: Reading, writing, traveling, interior decoration.
Travels Abroad: U.K., Canada, America.
Permanent Address: “Daksh”, Jay Coop. Housing Society,Main Road, Opp. Khodiar Mandir, Jamnagar.
Tel. No.: (0288) 2711553 (R)
Present Address: Bungalow No 5, Ministers’ Enclave,Sector-20, Gandhinagr – 382 020.
Tel. Nos.: (079) 232 59660(R), 232 50165 (O)