Member of Gujarat Legislative Assembly (MLA) Somnath
Born: 19th September 1952, Sutrapada, Dist. Junagadh.
Spouse and Children: Smt. Ujibabahen, two sons, one daughter.
- Member, Ninth Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 1995-97.
- Member, Eleventh Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 2002-07.
- Deputy Minister for Revenue (including Scarcity Relief) Govt. of Gujarat, 1995.
- Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare and Fisheries, 1995-96.
- Minister for, Food and Civil Supplies, 1996.
- Minister for, Food and Civil Supplies and Fisheries, 1997.
- Minister for, Food and Civil Supplies and Mines and Minerals, 1997-98.
- Sarpanch, Sutrapada Gram Panchayat, 1988-94.
- President, Sutrapada Taluka Farmers’ Service Coop. Society, Sutrapada.
- President, Sutrapada Taluka Sale and Purchase Union, Sutrapada.
- Member, Board of Director, Junagadh District Sale and Purchase Union,
- Member,Junagadh District Coop. Union.
- Member, State Agriculture Bank.
- Chairman, Junagadh (Porbandar) District Coop. Bank.
- Chairman, Dr. Shri Bharat Barad Education and Charitable Trust, Sutrapada.
- Managing Director, Shri B. M. Barad Education Trust, Sutrapada.
- Managing Trustee, Matrushree Maanubahen Bhanabhai Barad Education and Charitable Trust, Sutrapada.
Travel Abroad: America, England, Japan.
Permanent Address: “Chamunda Krupa”, Near Nagar Seva Sadaan Office, Sutrapada, Taluka Sutrapada, Dist. Junagadh. Tel. No. (02876) 263355 (R).