Member of Gujarat Legislative Assembly (MLA) Mangrol
Born: 1st June 1971, Wadigam, Taluka Umarpada, Dist. Surat.
Spouse and Children: Smt Neelambahen, one son, one daughter.
Occupation: Agriculture, petrol pump.
- Member, Eleventh Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 2002-07.
- Member,Twelfth Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 2007-12.
- Speaker, Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 24th February 2011 to 25thDecember 2012.
- Minister for Forests and Environment, Tribal Welfare, Women and Child Welfare, Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs Govt. of Gujarat since 26th Decmber 2012.
- resident, Umarpada Taluka Bharatiya Janata Party, since 1998-2001.
- resident,Sahara Manav Kalyan Trust, since 2000.
- resident,Quori Association, Mangrol.
- General Secretary, Mangrol Taluka Bhartiya Janata Party, 1996-97.
- Secretary, Gujarat Pradesh Tribal Front.
- Secretary, Gujarat Pradesh B.J.P.
- Director, Gujarat Forest Development Corporation, 1997-2000.
- In-Charge, Surat District Bharatiya Janata Party, Adivasi Morcho.
- Trustee, G.N. Education Trust.
- Member, Consultative Committee, Forest Department, Govt. of Gujarat.
- Member, Consultative Committee, Tribal Development Department, Govt. of Gujarat.
- Member, Van Adhikar Committee, Govt. of Gujarat.
- Member, Advisory Committee, Vanbandhu Project, Govt. of Gujarat.
- Member, Umarpada Taluka Agricultural Produce Market Committee.
Hobby: Reading, sports especially Cricket, Kabaddi, giving encouragement to the sportsmen of the state.
Travel Abroad: United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Dubai.
Permanent Address: At and Post Wadi, Taluka Umarpada, Dist. Surat – 394 440.
Present Address: Bungalow No. 11, Ministers’ Enclave,Sector – 20, Gandhinagar – 382 010. Tel. No. (079) 232 32467, 232 47878.