Member of Gujarat Legislative Assembly (MLA) Dholka
Born: 8th May 1950, Nana Umvada, Taluka Gondal, Dist. Rajkot.
Education: B.A.. B.Ed. (English), LL.B.
Spouse and Children: Smt. Krishnaba, one son, two daughters.
Occupation: Legal practice, social service.
- Member, Eighth Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 1990-95.
- Member, Ninth Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 1995-97.
- Member, Eleventh Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 2002-07.
- Minister for, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Rural Development Departments, Govt. of Gujarat from 12th March 1990 to 26th October 1990.
- Minister for, Agriculture and Animal Husbandry Departments from 19th March 1995 to 20th October 1995.
- Minister for, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Rural Development and Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs from 4th November 1995 to 22nd October 1996.
- Minister for, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Cooperation, Fisheries (Additional Charge) and Panchayats, Rural Housing and Rural Development Departments from 22nd December 2002 to 31st July 2005.
- Minister for, Agriculture, Cooperation, Panchayats, Rural Housing, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries and Cow Breeding Departments from 1st August 2005 to 24th December 2007.
- At present, Minister for Education (Primary, Secondary, Adult), Higher and Technical Education, Law and Justice, Foods, Civil Supplies, Consumer Affairs, Panchayts, Rural Housing, Rural Development since 26th December 2012.
- Ex-President, Ahmedabad District Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Ex-General Secretary, Gujarat Pradesh Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Member, Dholka Municipality, 1975-80.
- He is associated with G.B. Saraswati Vidya Prasar Mandal, Dholka and Sevabhavi Charitable Trust.
- Also associated with the activity of women’s self-reliance center.
- Takes active interest in the upliftment of backward classes.
- Takes keen interest in kindness to living beings.
- He is associated with the National Farmers’ Front (Rashtriya Kisan Morcho).
Hobby: Sports, reading, youth activities, social services, water conservation, water harvesting, rural development, agriculture, horticulture development and traveling
Travels Abroad: Israel, U.S.A., U.K. and the other European Countries.
Permanent Address: 5/766/1, Undapada ni Pol,Near Swaminarayan Temple,At and Taluka Dholka, Pin – 382 225,Dist. Ahmedabad.
Tel. No.: 02714) 222378
Present Address: Bungalow No. 7, Minister’s Enclave,Sector – 20, Gandhinagar – 382 020.