Member of Gujarat Legislative Assembly (MLA) Gadhada
Born: 28th November 1952, Sajod, Taluka Ankleshwar, Dist. Bharuch.
Education: M.A., LL.B.
Spouse and Children: Smt. Madhubahen, two sons.
Occupation: Advocate, agriculture.
- Member,Eighth Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 1993-95, (Bye-election).
- Member,Ninth Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 1995-97.
- Member,Tenth Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 1998-2002.
- Member,Twelfth Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 2007-12.
- Minister of State for Social Welfare (including Welfare of Scheduled Castes) (Independent Charge), Social Security (Independent Charge) in the Govt. of Gujarat during 1995-96.
- Chairman of the Committee on Welfare of Scheduled Castes.
- Member of the Committee on Subordinate Legislation and Committee on Govt.
- Assurances in the Gujarat Legislative Assembly.
- Deputy Whip, Gujarat Legislature BJP, since 19th September 2013.
- Invited Member, Executive Committee, Surat City Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Convenor, Kamdar Cell, Surat City Bharatiya Janata Party.
- National Vice President of Bharatiya Janata Party Scheduled Castes Front, since 1992.
- President,Gujarat Pradesh Bharatiya Janata Party, Scheduled Castes Front.
- President,Youth Wing Jan Sangh, Surat District,
- President,Sarvodaya Shikshan Mandal, Surat.
- President,Chanchalba Mahila P.T.C. College, Karanj, Mandvi.
- President,M. L. Parmar High School, Karanj, Mandavi.
- President,Mahila Chhatralaya, Karanj, Mandvi.
- President,Prince English Medium School, Olpad, Surat.
- President,Nari Niketan Aashram, (Shelter House for widows, deserted and women having no family).
- President,Centre for Welfare of Physically Challenged.
- President,Aarya Samaj Temple, Surat.
- President,North Indian Labour Union.
- President,Pratima Labour Union.
- President,Provident Fund Employees Union.
- President,Aambedkar Memorial Trust.
- Ex-President, Surat Municipal Corporation Kamdar Union.
- Founder President,South Gujarat Labour Council.
- Founder President,Mandvi-Mangrol Taluka Farmer Community.
- Renders his honorary services to many service-oriented, social organizations as Member and Advisor.
- Associated with Sangh Parivar through Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, since 1971-72.
- Had taken leadership in Navnirman Agitation in 1974 as a student leader from South Gujarat.
Hobby: Reading, writing, music, chess, golf.
Travels Abroad: Nepal, U.K., Indonesia, Malaysia.
Permanent Address: “Ayodhya” Bungalow,Premjinagar Vibhag-1,Near Sardar Bridge, Sangh Office Road, Adajan, Surat. Tel. No. (0261) 2790392.