Member of Gujarat Legislative Assembly (MLA) Naranpura
Born: 22nd October 1964, Mumbai
Spouse and Children: Smt. Sonalbahen, one son.
Occupation: Share trading.
- Member, Ninth Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 1995-97 (Bye-election).
- Member, Tenth Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 1998-2002.
- Member, Eleventh Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 2002-07.
- Member, Twelfth Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 2007-12.
- Ex-Chairman, Committee on Public Undertakings.
- Minister of State, Home, Police Housing, Border Security, Civil Defense, Home Guards, Gramrakshak Dal, Prisons, Prohibition and Excise and Transport, Govt. of Gujarat, 2002-07.
- Minister of State, Transport, Police Housing, Boarder Security, Civil Defence, Home Guards, Gram Rakshak Dal, Prohibition, Excise, Law and Judiciary, Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs (Independent Charge), Home from 4th January 2008 to 24th July 2010.
- Ex-Chairman, Gujarat State Financial Board, 1995-96.
- Ex-Chairman, The Ahmedabad Distrct Coop. Bank Ltd., 2000-02.
- Director, The Gujarat State Coop. Bank Ltd., since 2000.
- Director, The Ahmedabad District Coop. Bank Ltd., since 2000.
- Director, Gujarat Urban Coop. Bank Federation Ltd., since 2005.
- Ex-President, Gujarat State Chess Association.
- Chairman, The Central Board of Cricket, Ahmedabad, since 2009.
- Vice President, Gujarat Cricket Association, since 2009.
- Member, Executive Committee and Financial Committee, Board of Control for Cricket in India, since 2009.
- Ex-Member, Reform and Repacking Committee, NABARD.
Hobby: Cricket, reading and social service.
Travels Abroad: England, Netherlands, Israel, Switzerland, Germany.
Permanent Address: 10, Shivkunj Society,Near Sanghavi High School,Vijaynagar Road, Naranpura,Ahmedabad – 380 013.
Tel. No.: (079) 27499070